A WELCOME AND INSPIRING SPACE FOR EVERYONE WHERE CONNECTIONS WITH PEOPLE, PLANTS, AND PRODUCTS ARE NURTURED. At Burrow & Vine our passion is to provide an inviting and educational space for everyone in our community to learn and connect. In a fast-paced, digital world we like to slow things down by offering a thoughtful, purposeful curation of houseplants and products fit for everyone’s lifestyle. We create opportunities for learning and connecting through classes and programming led by our community, for our community.
This Retail Sales and Marketing Internship offers valuable hands-on experience in a dynamic, enthusiastic, community-centric retail environment. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain practical marketing and sales skills and build a portfolio that will enhance your future career prospects. Your insightful and strategic contribution will help develop, expand, and maintain our marketing and sales channels. As an intern, you will play an essential role in providing exceptional customer experiences, assisting with store operations, and contributing to sales growth. This internship will encompass retail merchandising, customer engagement, community building and business operations. We provide a supportive and collaborative work culture where your contributions are valued and celebrated. This is a paid internship position with flexible working hours – predominantly weekends and evenings.
- Conduct and review research on industry trends and competitor analysis to inform digital marketing strategies.
- Assist in analyzing data and metrics to track campaign performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the owner/manager to generate sales reports and analyze trends to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with owner/manager to optimize website content and improve user experience.
- Product Knowledge: Develop a comprehensive understanding of the products offered in the store to effectively assist customers and answer inquiries.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns across various digital channels (to include social media content creation and calendar planning, email and text marketing, virtual subscription-based marketing)
- Contribute to social media marketing efforts by creating engaging content and shared management of social media accounts • Collaborate with other business owners and partners to build co branded materials for city-wide initiatives
- Assist in maintaining visual merchandising standards, ensuring products are displayed neatly and attractively.
- Assist in the management of performance marketing campaigns, including PPC advertising and SEO optimization.
- Support e-commerce initiatives by assisting with product listings, inventory management, and customer support.
- Provide friendly and attentive customer service to all store visitors, assisting with product inquiries, purchases, and returns.
- Assist in restocking shelves and conducting periodic stock counts. • Maintain houseplant care and quality control.
- Gain proficiency in using the POS system to process transactions and manage customer accounts.
- Participate in daily store opening and closing procedures, including cash handling and register reconciliation, plant care and cleaning. • Engage with customers proactively, helping, and creating a welcoming shopping environment.
- Assist in the execution of in-store promotions, sales events, and product demonstrations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration, or a related field
- Strong understanding of digital marketing principles and best practices • Proficiency in graphic design tools (e.g., Adobe products, Canva) • Knowledge of conversion optimization techniques and strategies • Experience with social media marketing platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Basic understanding of e-commerce principles and practices • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated, independent work style
- Basic knowledge of houseplants and plant care
- Start Date
- Nov 8, 2023