A WELCOME AND INSPIRING SPACE FOR EVERYONE WHERE CONNECTIONS WITH PEOPLE, PLANTS, AND PRODUCTS ARE NURTURED. At Burrow & Vine our passion is to provide an inviting and educational space for everyone in our community to learn and connect. In a fast-paced, digital world we like to slow things down by offering a thoughtful, purposeful curation of houseplants and products fit for everyone’s lifestyle. We create opportunities for learning and connecting through classes and programming led by our community, for our community.
This Event Marketing Internship offers valuable hands-on experience in a dynamic, enthusiastic, community-centric retail environment with core focus on our annual city-wide Queen City Women’s Event. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain practical skills and build a portfolio that will enhance your future career prospects. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand, and maintain our marketing and advertising. This internship offers a unique opportunity to learn about event planning and promotion, community engagement and storytelling, and collaboration with key stakeholders in the downtown business community. We provide a supportive and collaborative work culture where your contributions are valued and celebrated. This is a paid internship position with flexible working hours.
- Conduct and review research on industry trends and competitor analysis to inform digital marketing strategies
- Assist in analyzing data and metrics to track campaign performance and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate with owner/manager and event steering committee to develop a marketing plan
- Assist in the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns across various digital channels (to include social media content
creation and calendar planning, email and text marketing, virtual subscription-based marketing)
- Contribute to social media marketing efforts by creating engaging content and shared management of social media accounts • Collaborate with other business owners and partners to build co branded materials for city-wide initiatives
- Merchandising: Assist in maintaining visual merchandising standards, ensuring products are displayed neatly and attractively.
- Assist in the management of performance marketing campaigns, including PPC advertising and SEO optimization.
- Support e-commerce initiatives by assisting with product listings, inventory management, and customer support.
- Customer Service: Respond to inbound customer and attendee messages.
- Customer Engagement: Engage with customers proactively, helping, and creating a welcoming shopping environment.
- Promotional Activities: Assist in the execution of in-store promotions, sales events, and product demonstrations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration, or a related field
- Strong understanding of digital marketing principles and best practices • Proficiency in graphic design tools (e.g., Adobe products, Canva) • Knowledge of conversion optimization techniques and strategies • Experience with social media marketing platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram)
- Basic understanding of e-commerce principles and practices • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Self-motivated, independent work style