Student Employee Handbook

Part-time job opportunities are available to students on campus (unless otherwise noted) through Mary Baldwin’s Student Employment Program. Students must be enrolled at least part-time. Mary Baldwin is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. 

Process for Securing Student Employment

  1. Complete and submit an online application. Current student employment opportunities can be found here. You can apply for as many positions as are available, but students may only accept employment for one job position. Preference is given to federally work study eligible students.
  2. Applications are reviewed by each job position’s supervisor. The supervisor will contact you via email if they are interested in interviewing you.
  3. The supervisor will let you know if you are hired for the position. Once hired, the Student Employment Coordinator will contact you to complete student employee paperwork:
    • W-4 and VA-4 tax forms
    • I-9 Employment Eligibility: To complete this form, you must present original documents that verify both identity and employment eligibility as required by law in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1976. A list of acceptable documents is listed on the I-9 Employment Eligibility form.
    • Student Employment Agreement and Confidentiality Statement (found in the Student Employee Handbook)
    • Student Employment Contract
  4. Once all paperwork has been completed and submitted to the Student Employment Coordinator in the Financial Aid Office, you will meet with your supervisor to create a work schedule, and then you can begin working.

Note: Students who have not completed their financial aid paperwork will not be eligible for campus employment. Campus employment is not guaranteed based on federal work study eligiblity.

For further information, please consult the Student Employee Handbook. Specific questions may be directed towards Student Employment Coordinator, Lisa Newman at or 540-887-7288.

Student Employee Handbook